- We gave our tenant notice–he is moving out mid-June.
- We have several weekends on the calendar for both girls to visit. (both separately and together)
- Carrot will be moving in as soon as school is done (mid-June)
- Zucchini will be transitioning over this summer, with the hopes of her being here full-time by the start of school in the fall.
- We are planning a “work weekend” at the end of June for necessary painting and renovations upstairs. If you know me in real life, expect an invite 😉
- I didn’t expect to have to choose public schools for a few years, and we are stressing about being way past open enrollment. (Our top choice schools are full.) We are in a little catch-22–we can’t enroll them until we have a placement letter, and if we get a placement letter, bio mom, and both sets of foster parents will get one, too. And the kids will know.
- At this point, (due to a highly-reprimanded agency leak) mom knows this is a possibility, and seems fine with it.
- We are not ready for the girls to know–it’s too much information, too far away, and they don’t know about the trial yet.
- Croi teaches for the school district we live in, and will be calling in a few favors. I keep offering to bring our own desks 🙂
- TPR trial is scheduled for mid-June. We have been lead to believe the DA is “very confident” heading into this trial. For the girls sake, I hope the trial is swift. We are considered “pre-adoptive” placements for the girls, and I feel a switch. I feel much more like a pre-adoptive parent, than their foster parent. And they are not even here yet.
- My friend Midwest Lanternsaid if the girls go back to mom after this, she will “riot in the streets. With torches.” Thanks!
What did I miss? Any questions?