This week just flew by. I guess that’s what happens when you’ve been on vacation and have a pile of paperwork nose-high on your desk!
This week, I am thankful:
- For a wonderful, relaxing time on the beach with my family.
- That I finally conquered snorkeling. (I know, I know. But, every time I tried, I would get water in my mouth and panic, and stop. I’ve been known to wear the goggles and hold my breath.) It worked and was fun! I spotted a sting ray and a baby sea turtle.
- That when a friend needed a “soft place to fall” during some marital troubles, he felt comfortable enough to call us and crash in our spare room.
- That Croi and I are in a good place in our marriage. We can listen, be non-judgemental, and not have talk of his issues trigger us.
- My parents were psyched about babies, and cried a little. I think they are two of the few people who get what a hopeful, life-affirming step this is for me, and for us.
- My cousin (mom of 4 under 5!) offered to give us a bunch of kids stuff, including (depending on timing) a crib!